REFUSED AND REJECTED I
Text: Hosea 1:9-10 “The God said: call his name Lo – Ammi, for you are not My people, and I will not be your God. Yet the number of the children of Isreal shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, you are not My people, there it shall be said to them, you are the sons of the living God”.
Have you been rejected by men before? Have you been refused by men before? I say congratulations. I wish to assure you that you are not the first neither will you be last. The scripture today even paints a worse case scenario as it was God who refused and rejected the people of Isreal in verse 9 but He Himself changed His mind because He is ever merciful, a covenant keeping God. If God who does not change can reverse Himself, then that situation or condition you term irreversible can be changed by the hand of God.
You are in business and the people you have been working with suddenly turn against you. In your family, all they could do is to refuse or reject you. Your words do not hold sway any longer. Never mind keep improving yourself. Let us see a few examples in the Bible who were refused/rejected but later became highly celebrated.
1. Jephtaph in Judges 11 was thrown out of his father’s house with an allegation that he was a bastard. The same people who refused and rejected him came begging that he should return and deliver them from their oppressors. He eventually became their leader.
2. Job was criticized and condemned, deserted and despised like leprosy but those who deserted him came not only to eat with him but they became blessings to him in the end.
 

In a situation like this, the only thing you need is Jesus. John 15:5 says I am the vine, ye are the branches, He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If you are not yet born again surrender your life to Jesus and confess your sins, repent and forsake them. He will liberate your life and deliverer you from the power of darkness and from all your oppressors.

Pray with me, Father, let me become the chief cornerstone where I have suffered refusal and rejection before in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment